Justin Bartels - Impression (2012)
I can’t not reblog this.
This is the best thing on the Internet. We undress everyday and it shows us how confined we are. Those imprints show how uncomfortable we are throughout each day just to impress other people. We create prisons in our own clothes. We are a prisoner in a socially constructed idea of what is beautiful.
yes its back
It’s not just that, we are trying to impress all these people, yet do we really want them to judge us strictly on looks? We are trying to impress all these people, yet most of them we do not like. We are trying to impress all these people, yet do we want to lose ourselves in society’s perception of beautiful just to fit in? Do we not want to rock our body for what we have? Or is it that we think more people will except us for being skinnier, all we are really doing is confining the excess fat/skin, hiding it instead of owning it.
- Receptionist: Don't you feel like your generation is just lazy?
- Me: Lazy? I'd say apathetic.
- Receptionist: Isn't it the same?
- Me: No. My generation is criticized and toiled with, and I don't see why not - just turn on the TV and watch what they're feeding us. But my generation is not lazy. My generation fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. My generation fought for womens rights in a fury that hadn't been seen since the 19th Amendment. My generation got our first black President elected. My generation fought for Gay rights for the first time in American history. And with all that, we are apathetic, and that's because things aren't going to be better for us down the road. We are the first generation expected to make less than our parents. We are the first generation to see America lose its status as a super power. We've lived through the worst economic times since the Great Depression, and are forced to take out thousands of dollars in student loans at the same time, all while our college degrees slowly turn into a highschool diploma. We've done plenty, and expect nothing. So no, I wouldn't say we're lazy, just apathetic.
- Walks Flocka Flame: YOUNG MONEY BRICK SQUAD YOUNG MONEY BRICK SQUAD YOUNG MONEY BRICK SQUAD YOUNG MONEY BRICK SQUAD
My sushi has a heart inside it!